Find the best in kids’ bedding, bath linens, and room decor, plus gifts they’ll love—all delivered right to your door. The Company Store.
12 Safety Devices to Safeguard Your Kids
The good news is that using Kids’ Home Store or devices and reminding older children in the family to re-secure safety devices after disabling them can decrease or prevent the danger of injury.
The majority of these safety tools are readily available and reasonably priced.
- They are available for purchase online, through mail order catalogues, at hardware stores, baby equipment shops, supermarkets, drugstores, home improvement stores, and pharmacies. Safety equipment should be strong enough to prevent access while also being simple for you to utilise.
- To assist avoid poisonings and other accidents, install safety latches and locks on cabinets and drawers in restrooms, kitchens, and other rooms.
Use safety gates to help avoid stairway falls and to prevent kids from going into rooms and other potentially dangerous spaces.
To help stop kids from entering rooms and other potentially dangerous spaces, use door locks and door knob covers.
To assist prevent burns from hot water, install Anti-Scald Devices on taps and shower heads and adjust your water heater’s temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Burns can potentially be prevented with the use of anti-scald devices that regulate water temperature.
- Use smoke alarms to warn you of fires on every level of your house, within each bedroom, and outside sleeping spaces. Smoke alarms are a crucial piece of fire safety equipment.
- They guard against fire fatalities and injuries.
To help prevent falls from windows, balconies, decks, and landings, use window guards and safety netting.
- To ensure that these safety features are reliable, properly installed, and maintained, check them often.
To assist minimise injuries from falls against sharp furniture and fireplace edges, use corner and edge bumpers.
- Make careful to seek for bumpers that adhere to the edges of furniture or fireplaces firmly.