It’s been some time since I read the current month’s Platform Book, yet since I regularly prescribe it to different instructors wandering into web-based media and making an internet-based presence, I figured I should impart it to the ICE Network!
As the above quote outlines, millennial students hope to associate with one another on the web.
As teachers, we really want to meet the students where they are, not where we need to track down them.
The book strolls instructors through the course of foundation arrangement, wanting to send off, building a group of people, growing reach, and drawing in with supporters. While a lot of the material appears to be guided towards individuals with something to “offer”, the counsel additionally applies to teachers looking to associate with students. One of the representations that I love from the book is the distinction between headquarters, government offices, and listening posts. (See here for past conversations concerning this idea.
- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership; 1st Edition edition (May 21, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 159555503X
- ISBN-13: 978-1595555038
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 0.9 x 8.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 676 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #84,157 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)