How it works:
The MS OEM Surface Dock electronics (sold separately) clips into place. Then the Vertical Dock is fastened to an ordinary VESA arm monitor mount with 4 included M4 screws.
When the Surface Pro is gently dropped into the Vertical Dock, it meets up with the magnetically aligned MS Surface Connector providing connectivity to 2 monitors (mini-DisplayPort), 4 USB 3.0 ports, 3.5mm audio, Ethernet, and power.
What’s in the box:
– Laser-cut VESA mounting plate in black acrylic
– Industrial 3D-printed parts in black PLA (0.2mm layer height)
– Premium fasteners
What you need to use the product:
– MS OEM brick-shaped Surface Dock electronics
– VESA monitor arm/mount (100mm x 100mm)
– Desktop keyboard/mouse
– 21.5″ 1920×1080 or 25″ 2560×1080 monitors recommended (although any size will work)
– Philips ( ) screwdriver for installation – minor assembly required
– 3D-printed products tend to have a ridged surface finish due to the 3D-printing process. This finish may differ from one area of the part to the next.
– As with any plastic product, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or heat should be avoided as this will discolor and warp the plastic. The PLA material used in the product should not, for example, be left in a hot parked vehicle. For indoor use only.
– We believe in open-source; our designs are checked into GitHub so individuals can build their own docks from scratch.
Size:Surface Pro 3 | Color:Basic | with landscape kit, without electronics, without VESA arm/mount
|Product Dimensions||13 x 9 x 2 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Item model number||SP3-v2-Basic|
4.5 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#267,695 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
#1,018 in Laptop Docking Stations
|Date first listed on Amazon||December 27, 2017|